Friday, January 1, 2016

Facebook Haters

**this post was saved as a draft in June of 2014.**

All the time we hear about how annoying Facebook his, how people complain or post too many pictures of their kids, their husbands, their pets...whatever it is. I'm guilty of this, some people are just annoying and usually that means that I block their posts or delete them all together. Why? Because they're not my real life friends, most of my real life friends don't post annoying shit...but then again, sometimes they do. Ya know what? Who cares.

Most people post about what is going on in their lives right now. Yea, someone may post too much about their kids, their "amazing" significant other, their pets, school work, complaining about work...but it's what is going on RIGHT NOW, what else would you have them say? Some are fake and we know they're fake, we know your husband isn't that amazing and we know your kids fight just as much as ours do but whatever. It is what it is and so why sit around bitching and moaning that this person complains about work all.the.time and that person posts way too much about their crappy college courses. I'm sure I post too many pictures of my kids (lies, my kids are freaking cute, I know) but ya know what? That's my life right now and I'm not going to apologize for it.

The Facebook haters are just as annoying as those that post all those things we find so annoying. Newsflash, Facebook is annoying. It is. We have over 100, 200, 300+ friends, we talk to maybe 10 of them on a regular basis and probably want to actually hang out with even less. We're nosy and we want to know if that person we went to highschool with got fat, if that ex boyfriend married the girl he cheated on us with, if your best friend from when you were 6 is still a brat. The internet is a magical wonderful place, perfect for pissing us off and finding fault in everyone else while we sit around convinced that we can't possibly be *that* annoying. But we probably are.

I've said that if I would run down a different aisle at the grocery store to avoid you (come on, you know you've done it!) then I don't want you on my friend list. It's true. Why am I going to share my day to day annoying life with people that I wouldn't want to say hi to if I bumped in to them in person? It doesn't make sense!

**a year and a half later and I still delete people I wouldn't say hi to at the grocery store or I just don't accept their friend request to begin with.




No comments: